Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Updated the census page

Good grief! I was thrilled and appalled to see that my census site got mention on the rootsweb list. Thrilled, of course first... but then I immediately wondered if it had bad links. So I checked... and it sure did. I couldn't believe how many. Some due to my own carelessness...some because the sites had disappeared and some for reasons that mystified me.

At any rate, I got to work and the page is sparkling clean now -- or was as of five minutes ago -- and I've run Xenu Link Sleuth on the rest of the site and will get to the numerous bad links it found over time.

My next page... South Carolina.

1 comment:

Becky Wiseman said...

Hi, there is a meme going around in the genea-blogworld and you've been tagged. If you would like to participate, tell us 5 things about yourself that we probably don't already know and then tag 5 more bloggers. Randy Seaver is keeping a list of who has been tagged and responded at http://randysmusings.blogspot.com/2007/01/theyve-been-tagged.html